In the News
FUNraising 2012 Press Relaseby Paul Mitchell Schools on 2/9/2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Stefanie Vasaturo
Paul Mitchell the School North Haven
97 Washington Avenue
North Haven, CT 06483
203.985.0222 or 866.942.5627
INDUSTRY SUPERSTARS JOIN FORCES WITH
Paul Mitchell the School North Haven
North Haven, CT – Showing that compassion knows no boundaries, 20 beauty industry icons have pledged a day of education for the Paul Mitchell Schools annual “FUNraising” campaign, which has raised over $6 million to date. Students and staff at Paul Mitchell the School North Haven have a three-month calendar filled with events geared toward raising money for nine charitable organizations and landing them a spot in the “top 20” so they can win a day with a superstar.
The lineup features leading artists and educators in and out of the Paul Mitchell realm, including Tabatha Coffey, star of Bravo TV’s Tabatha’s Salon Takeover and Tabatha Takes Over; Ted Gibson, celebrity hairstylist and hair expert on TV’s What Not to Wear; Beth Minardi, celebrity hair colorist and recipient of the 2010 NAHA Lifetime Achievement Award; and Vivienne Mackinder, six-time NAHA winner, including 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award.
Paul Mitchell Schools Dean and Cofounder Winn Claybaugh said, “My relationships with these people have nothing to do with the brand I’m aligned with,” said. “We believe in being inclusive rather than exclusive, and I’m grateful to these amazing superstars who have no problem crossing over to support our Paul Mitchell Future Professionals in raising a ton of money for some very worthy causes.”
Paul Mitchell the School North Haven hopes to win a day of education in their school with one of the following:
· Dean Banowetz: “The Hollywood Hair Guy” and hairdresser for American Idol’s Ryan Seacrest
· Tabatha Coffey: Star of Bravo TV’s Tabatha’s Salon Takeover and Tabatha Takes Over
· Ted Gibson:Celebrity hairstylist and hair expert on TV’s What Not to Wear
· Kathy Buckley: Gifted comedienne, award-winning actress, accomplished author, and renowned inspirational speaker
· Vivienne Mackinder:6-time NAHA winner, including 2005 Master Stylist of the Year and 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award; Certified Coach for NY Times best selling author John C. Maxwell
· Beth Minardi: Celebrity hair colorist, spokesperson for Joico Vero K-Pak color, and recipient of the 2010 NAHA Lifetime Achievement Award
· James Morrison: Founder of James Morrison Coaching and one of Modern Salon magazine’s Top 100 Educators of the Century
· David Wagner: World-renowned hairstylist, founder/owner of JUUT Salonspas (the original Aveda concept salons), andauthor of My Life as a Daymaker
· Angus Mitchell: Co-owner of John Paul Mitchell Systems and Artistic Director of Education
· Robert Cromeans:John Paul Mitchell Systems Global Artistic Director, 6-time recipient of behindthechair.com’s Stylist Choice Awards Platform Artist of the Year, and proud owner of A Robert Cromeans Salons and Walkin Salons by Robert Cromeans
· Stephanie Kocielski: John Paul Mitchell Systems Artistic Director and Vice President of Education
· Lucie Doughty: John Paul Mitchell Systems Editorial Director, Master Associate, and 2-time NAHA winner
· Scott Cole: Artistic Director for Paul Mitchell Professional Hair Color, NAHA winner, and Paul Mitchell School owner
· Linda Yodice:Artistic Director for Paul Mitchell Professional Hair Color, NAHA winner, and Paul Mitchell School owner
· Takashi Kitamura:Filmmaker, photographer, platform artist, educator, and industry icon
· Maureen McCarthy: National Long Hair Trainer for John Paul Mitchell Systems, salon consultant for Hair Lines Inc., stylist at a premier Rhode Island salon, and co-owner of AVE advanced academy
· Melissa Jaqua and Abe Barron:Onstage education partners and co-owners of the San Diego-based salon Cut N Paste, A Hair Workshop
· Colin Caruso: Salon owner and John Paul Mitchell Systems color educator
· Ira Sage: Salon director at A Robert Cromeans Salon in Las Vegas and platform artist with A Robert Cromeans Salon show team
· Donald Scott:John Paul Mitchell Systems Master Associate and creator of the Paul Mitchell Carving Comb and Twist Razor
The Paul Mitchell Schools FUNraising campaign kicked off on January 31, 2012, and runs for three months as students and staff members at the network’s 100 schools hold thousands of events to raise money and awareness for this year’s supported charities: Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Morris Animal Foundation, Magic Johnson Foundation, Gary Sinise Foundation, No Limits, Cancer Schmancer Movement, Best Friends Animal Society, Food 4 Africa, and Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation.
For more information, contact Stefanie Vasaturo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.985.0222.
Learn more about the FUNraising campaign at www.paulmitchellschoolsFUNraising.org.
About Paul Mitchell Schools
At Paul Mitchell Schools, we believe that education is an adventure and the learning experience needs to be fun. Our instructors—we call them “learning leaders”—are trained to draw out the artist in every student and prepare them to compete in the real world. Through our annual “FUNraising” campaign, we’ve raised and donated millions of dollars in support of many charitable causes. We’ve built homes with Habitat for Humanity, fed thousands of African orphans, and supported the victims of AIDS, breast cancer, homelessness, abuse, and hundreds of other causes.
Established 30 years ago, the Paul Mitchell network is nearly 100,000 salons strong and in 81 countries worldwide; every professional hairdresser knows the Paul Mitchell name. Now, with the arrival of Paul Mitchell Schools, we’ve taken the world of cosmetology education by storm! Visit www.paulmitchell.edu to learn more.